FortiSwitch devices can be replaced from the FortiSwitch Manager > Device & Groups pane.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Device & Groups, and select a managed FortiGate.
- Right-click on a FortiSwitch device in the table and click Deauthorize.
- When the device's status is Unauthorized, right-click on the same FortiSwitch device and click Replace.
- Enter the new FortiSwitch serial number, and click OK.
After the FortiSwitch has been replaced successfully, refresh the page and the new FortiSwitch is displayed as Unauthorized.
- Authorize the FortiSwitch device, then connect the FortiSwitch to the FortiGate.
- Power on the FortiSwitch device. After a few minutes, the managed switch is displayed as Online.