Configure FortiSwitch on FortiManager using its serial number and deploy FortiSwitch devices across the network using zero touch deployment. After configuring FortiSwitch on FortiManager, you can deploy remote FortiSwitch devices by just plugging them into remote FortiGate devices.
- FortiManager version 5.6 ADOM or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with FortiSwitch.
- The FortiSwitch serial number is available.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Device & Groups.
- From the Create New dropdown, select FortiSwitch. The Add Model FortiSwitch pane is displayed.
- Configure the following settings, and click OK:
Select the FortiGate device or VDOM from the drop-down.
Select the port where the FortiSwitch will be connected.
Specify the FortiSwitch serial number.
Specify a name.
Enforce Firmware Version
Toggle ON to enforce a firmware version and select the firmware version from the drop-down menu. Toggle OFF to disable this feature.
A model FortiSwitch is created and added to the managed FortiGate.
- Click Close to close the Add Model FortiSwitch pane.
- Configure the switch.
- For FortiSwitch Manager with central management enabled, see Assigning templates to FortiSwitch devices.
- For FortiSwitch Manager with per-device management enabled, see Configuring a port on a single FortiSwitch.
Because this is a model device, FortiManager saves the changes to the FortiGate database.
- Connect FortiSwitch to FortiGate.
The FortiSwitch settings are deployed to FortiSwitch. You can view the progress on the notification toolbar in FortiManager.
You can also use the Zero Touch Deployment process to deploy FortiGate devices. For more information, see Adding offline model devices.