Adding a split-task VDOM
The Split-Task VDOM mode creates two VDOMs automatically: FG-traffic and root. Additional VDOMs cannot be added.
FG-traffic is a regular VDOM and can contain policies, UTM profiles and it will handle the traffic like the no-VDOM mode. The root VDOM is only for management and it cannot have policies or profiles.
To add a Split-Task VDOM to a FortiGate device:
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- In the toolbar, select Table View from the dropdown menu.
- In the tree menu, click the group. The devices in the group are displayed in the content pane.
- In the content pane, right-click a device and select Add VDOM.
- Select Split-Task VDOM, and click OK.