FortiSwitch templates can be imported from connected devices, and then applied to other FortiSwitch devices of the same model.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > FortiSwitch Templates.
- In the tree menu, select FortiSwitch Template.
- In the content pane, click Import in the toolbar. The Import window opens.
- Select a FortiGate from the drop-down list.
- Select the FortiSwitch whose template will be imported from the drop-down list.
- (Optional) Enter a name for the template in the New Name field.
- Click OK.
The template is imported from the device.
FortiSwitch templates can also be imported through the Device Manager. See Importing AP profiles and FortiSwitch templates.
FortiSwitch templates using split ports can be imported into FortiManager. Before adding the FortiSwitch to FortiGate, the administrator must enable split ports through
phy-mode on the FortiSwitch. Once the FortiSwitch has been authorized on the FortiGate, the FortiGate can be added to FortiManager, and the template can be imported.
- On the FortiSwitch, enable split ports using
phy-mode. See FortiSwitch on the Fortinet Document Library.
- Authorize the FortiSwitch device on FortiGate, and add the FortiGate device to FortiManager. See Add devices.
- Import the FortiSwitch template using the Import feature in FortiSwitch Manager > FortiSwitch Templates. See Importing FortiSwitch templates.
- Once the import is complete, edit the imported template.
To view FortiSwitch split ports, select View Ports from the Managed Switches menu. The split port configuration is retained and is visible in the list of Switch VLAN Assignments. See Managing FortiSwitches.
Administrators can edit the split ports, and changes can be installed to the FortiGate when the template is assigned to a managed FortiSwitch.
When per-device FortiSwitch management is enabled, users can edit split ports in the Ports Configuration page. See Configuring a port on a single FortiSwitch.