Template validation is used to determine if your template is producing the correct output based on the meta variables used in the template. For more information on meta variables, see Meta Fields.
- Go to Device Manager > Provisioning Templates > CLI Templates.
- Select a template from the table that is assigned to one or more devices.
- In the toolbar, click More > Validate.
The Validate CLI Template dialog opens and displays each device to which the template is assigned, and the status of the meta variables.
- Click View Validation Result to view detailed information, including the meta variable value assigned to each device.
The following features are available:
- Click a variable value in the table to edit the value.
- Click Show Missing Variable Devices Only to filter by devices that are missing variable values.
- Click Preview Script to view the script that will be installed to the selected device.
- Click Re-validate to run the validation again.