Use the FortiSwitch Manager pane to assign templates of settings to switches.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Device & Groups > Managed FortiGate.
- In the tree menu, select a FortiGate to list its managed switches, or select All_FortiGate to list all switches.
The list of managed FortiSwitch units is displayed in the content pane.
- Use the quick status bar to filter the list of switches in the content pane and help locate the switch.
- Select the switch, and click Assign Template from the toolbar.
The Assign FortiSwitch Template dialog box opens.
- Select a FortiSwitch template, and click OK to assign it.
Only templates that apply to the specific device model are available for selection
You also assign templates when editing a FortiSwitch device.
- Install the template settings. See Installing changes to FortiSwitch devices.