You can configure FortiSwitch on FortiManager by using its serial number. Then you can use zero touch deployment of FortiSwitch devices across the network. After configuring FortiSwitch on FortiManager, you can deploy remote FortiSwitch devices by plugging them into remote FortiGate devices.
- FortiManager version 5.6 ADOM or later.
- FortiGate is managed by FortiManager.
- The managed FortiGate unit is configured to work with FortiSwitch.
- The FortiSwitch serial number is available.
You can also use the zero touch deployment process to deploy FortiGate devices.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Managed Switches.
- Click Create New.
The Add Model FortiSwitch pane is displayed.
- Configure the following settings, and click OK:
Select the FortiGate device or VDOM from the drop-down.
Select the port where the FortiSwitch will be connected.
Specify the FortiSwitch serial number.
Specify a name.
A model FortiSwitch is created and added to the managed FortiGate.
- Click Close to close the Add Model FortiSwitch pane.
- Configure the switch.
- For FortiSwitch Manager with central management enabled, see Assigning templates to FortiSwitch devices.
- For FortiSwitch Manager with per-device management enabled, see Configuring FortiSwitch ports.
Because this is a model device, FortiManager saves the changes to the FortiGate database.
- Connect the FortiSwitch to FortiGate.
The FortiSwitch settings are deployed to FortiSwitch.