Policies can be configured to install only to specific installation targets within the policy package. This allows a single policy package to be applied to multiple different types of devices. For example, FortiGate and FortiWiFi devices can share the same policy, even though FortiGate devices do not have WiFi interfaces.
- Ensure you are in the ADOM that contains the policy package.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Policy Packages.
- In the tree menu, select the policy package
- Select Column Settings > Install On from the content pane toolbar.
- Click Installation Targets in the Install On column of the policy that will be applied to specific devices.
- In the Object Selector frame, select the devices that the policy will be installed on (see Policy package installation targets), then click OK.
The policy will now be installed only on the selected installation targets, and not the other devices to which the policy package is assigned.