License count rules for FortiManager VM, Cloud (Fortinet, Azure, or AWS), and Hardware:
- VDOM disabled: 1 FortiGate = 1 license.
- VDOM enabled: 1 VDOM = 1 license.
- VDOM enabled but no VDOMs: root = 1 license.
- FortiGate in HA mode: No license count for secondary FortiGate.
- Unregistered device in root ADOM: 1 unregistered device = 1 license. Hidden devices are not counted.
FortiGate with FMGC entitlement: FortiManager-VMs do not include FortiGate devices with FMGC entitlements in the license count. FortiManager hardware devices (for example, FortiManager 3900E) do include FortiGate devices with FMGC entitlements in the license counts.
FortiAP, FortiSwitch, and FortiExtender are not included in the license count. For more information see the Fortinet Product Matrix.