Model devices can be imported using a CSV file. This can be used to import large numbers of model devices into FortiManager.
When importing model devices from a CSV file, a device blueprint is used to configure the initial settings. See Using device blueprints for model devices.
ADOM-level metadata variables for each device can be specified in the CSV file.
- If ADOMs are enabled, select the ADOM to which you want to add the device.
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- Click Add Device.
The Add Device window is displayed.
- Click Import Model Devices from CSV File.
- Configure your local CSV file for the devices that you want to import. CSV files must contain the following columns:
device blueprint, and
name, with the respective data listed in the cells below.
Additional columns can be added for each metadata variable that you want to specify. In the following image, the
branch_idmetadata variable has been added to specify this variable for each imported device. See ADOM-level metadata variables.
- Drag and drop the CSV file into the Upload area, or select the CSV file location on your computer.
The model devices' serial numbers, names, blueprints, and optional metadata variables are displayed in the table.
- Review the device list, and click Next to begin importing the devices. Click Finish when the import process is complete.