We recommend performing the following tasks to prepare for a successful upgrade of a FortiManager unit. Following is a summary of the preparation tasks and a link to the details for each task.
- If FortiAnalyzer Features are enabled on FortiManager in an HA cluster, you must disable FortiAnalyzer Features before upgrading FortiManager to version 7.0.1. See Disabling FortiAnalyzer Features.
All log data is deleted during the upgrade. It is recommended to back up log data before starting the upgrade.
- If necessary, upgrade all ADOMs to version 6.2 or higher.
FortiManager 7.0.0 and higher supports ADOM versions 6.2, 6.4, or 7.0. See Upgrading ADOMs.
- Download release notes, firmware images, and SNMP MIB files. See Downloading files from Customer Service & Support.
- Review release notes. See Reviewing FortiManager 7.0.1 Release Notes.
- Plan when to perform the upgrade. See Planning when to upgrade.
- Install pending configuration files. See Installing pending configurations.
- Review the status of managed devices. See Reviewing status of managed devices.
- Check the status of FortiManager databases. See Checking FortiManager databases.
- Review FortiManager System Settings pane. See Reviewing FortiManager System Settings.
- Back up configuration files and databases. See Backing up configuration files and databases.
- Clone VM instances. See Creating a snapshot of VM instances.