To add an AP group:
- Click Add on the upper-left of the AP Groups table. The Add AP Groups dialog appears.
- Type a name for your AP group in the Name field.
- Type a description for your AP group in the Description field. This step is optional.
- Select the Group type to be either Static or Dynamic. If you choose the Dynamic option, you will also have to match the Rule Conditions as required.
- Select the Usage type to be Device Administration if required. By default, the Monitoring and Service Configuration option is selected.
- Click Save. The AP group is created successfully.
You can also add a Sub-group to which you can add APs within an AP group. Select an AP group to add a sub-group to it. The procedure to add a sub-group is similar to that of adding an AP group.
To add APs to an AP group:
- Select an AP group to which you want to add APs.
- Click Add on the upper-left of the Member APs table. The AP Selection dialog appears.
- Filter the APs displayed based on the Campus, Building, and Floor fields if required. The filtered results are displayed in the table.
- Select the APs you want to be included in the AP group.
- Click Save. The selected APs are added to the AP group successfully.