The SNMP Community Management tab displays a table that provides a list of the clients registered with FortiWLM MEA for SNMP services. The table summarizes the following devices parameters:
|Manager IP/Hostname||The IP address or host name of the third-party SNMP manager device requesting for SNMP services.|
|Community String||An authentication string in which a registered client must send SNMP service requests.|
|Trap Support||If enabled, the SNMP traps are forwarded to the registered SNMP managers.|
|Trap Port||The port to which the SNMP service sends the traps.|
|Trap Version||The trap versions to which the registered SNMP manager wants to receive responses.|
|Actions||The administrative actions that may be taken on an SNMP manager.|
You can add, edit, or delete an SNMP manager device from the SNMP Community Management tab:
- See Adding SNMP manager devices.
- See Editing SNMP manager devices.
- See Deleting SNMP manager devices.
To add an SNMP manager:
- Click the Add button on the upper-left of the table. The Add dialog appears.
- Enter the manager IP address or host name in the Manager IP/Host Name field.
- Enter an authentication string in the Community String field.
- Select an option from the Trap Support drop-down list.
- Enter a port number in the Trap Port field.
- Select a trap version from the Trap Version drop-down list.
- Click Save. A new SNMP manager is added and listed in the table.
To edit an SNMP manager:
- Select the SNMP manager to be edited by clicking on the corresponding check box in the table.
- Click the Edit button on the upper-left of the table. The Edit dialog appears.
- Modify the Community String, Trap Support, Trap Port, and Trap Version fields as required.
- Click Save. The selected SNMP manager is edited.
To delete an SNMP manager:
- Select the SNMP manager to be deleted by clicking on the corresponding check box in the table.
- Click the Delete button on the upper-left of the table.
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog. The selected SNMP manager is deleted.