You can add an offline FortiGate device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA by using its serial number. This is called adding a model device.
When you add a model device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA, the model device is added to FortiManager too.
- Ensure that you have created profiles for hub and edge devices. See Profile.
- Go to Configuration > Device.
- In the Device menu, select + Model Device.
The + Model Device dialog box opens.
- Configure the following settings:
Enter the serial number for the device.
Device Name Enter a name for the device. Host Name Enter the host name. Type The model is displayed after you enter the device serial number. Profile Name Select a profile from the dropdown, or click Create to create a new profile. Region Select a region from the dropdown, or click Create Region to create a new region. First Online Action
Specify how to manage device configuration when the device comes online for the first time. Choose from:
- NONE: Select to disable automatic configuration action. Instead you can manually initiate configuration installation after adding the device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA.
- RETRIEVE_CONFIG: Select to import some of the configuration settings from the device when the device comes online for the first time. Settings such as host name, WAN port, WAN port IP, LAN/DMZ port, and static route are imported. WAN and LAN settings from the imported configuration automatically override the assigned WAN and LAN settings from the SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA profile. You should use the profile to assign additional settings.
- SYNC_CONFIG: Select to install the SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA configuration associated with the profile when the device comes online for the first time.
Enforce Firmware Version
(Optional) Select the required FortiOS version for the device when it comes online.
The Password option is displayed after the device serial number is added and recognized.
Specify how to handle the device password. Choose from:
- No change: Keep the original password of the newly added device.
- Manual: Specify the password of the device.
- Auto: Generate a random password for the device automatically. Click the eye icon to view the password.
Select STANDALONE to disable HA mode.
Select AP to enable active-passive HA mode.
- Click OK.