- Go to Configuration > Shared Resources > Network > DHCP.
- In the toolbar, click +Create New.
The DHCP Server dialog box is displayed.
- Configure the settings:
Name Enter a name for the DHCP server.
Lease Time (in Seconds)
Toggle on to specify how long in seconds the DHCP lease time should remain active before it expires.
Toggle off to disable lease time.
Specify the IP address for the Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server if used.
DNS Server Res Type
Specify the DNS service to use. Choose from:
- Default - IP address of the interface that the DHCP server is added to becomes the client's DNS server IP address.
- Local - Clients are assigned to FortiGate's configured DNS servers.
- Specify - Specify up to three DNS servers.
Available when DNS Server Res Type is set to Specify.
Type the IP address for the DNS server.
- Beside Additional DHCP options, click Create.
The DHCP Option dialog box is displayed.
- In the Code box, select the code for the type of DHCP server.
For example, code 6 is for a Domain server.
- In the Type box, select one of the following options:
- In the Value box, type a value for the type.
- Click OK.
The DHCP option is created and displayed.
- Click OK.
The DHCP server is created.