Before you create a profile, you should create all of the needed shared resources, so you can select them in the profile. See Shared resources.
You can configure a VDOM as a primary or secondary hub device as well as an edge device.
- Go to Configuration > Profile.
- In the toolbar, click +Create New.
- Configure the profile settings.
The following table identifies settings that are specific to configuring a FortiGate VDOM. You can set the remaining settings as desired.
Toggle on to create a profile for a FortiGate VDOM.
Running on Cloud
Toggle off to disable this feature.
- Click OK. The profile is created, and the System tab opens.
- Configure the System settings.
For a description of the options on the System tab, see Profile options described.
- Configure the Network settings.
You can add physical interfaces for the VDOM to the profile. See Adding physical interfaces for VDOMs.
Alternately, you can retrieve the VDOM interfaces when you add the VDOM to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA. It is recommended to retrieve VDOM interfaces. See Adding VDOMs .
For a description of the options on the Network tab, see Profile options described.
- Click the Business tab to create business rules.
For a description of the options on the Business tab, see Profile options described.
- Click OK.