A region refers to a cluster of devices in one geographical location. Each region has one primary hub device that is connected to one or more edge devices. You can also configure an optional secondary hub device in the region for redundancy.
When you create a region, you select the devices, assign the profiles of configuration settings, and install configurations to all devices in the region.
- Ensure that you have created profiles for hub and edge devices. See Profile.
- Go to Configuration > Device.
- In the toolbar, click + Region.
- In the Name field, type a name for the region.
- In the Hub table, select a device from the list.
- In the Edges table, select one or more devices to connect to the hub.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a description of the region.
- Click OK.
It may take a while to complete the configuration.