You can use FortiExtender as a WAN port. This topic describes how to add a FortiExtender to a device managed by SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA.
After you add FortiExtender settings to the profile, you can add FortiExtender to the device. SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA detects the FortiExtender, and you can authorize FortiExtender.
- Ensure that you have created a profile with a FortiExtender WAN port configured. See Creating profiles with FortiExtender WAN ports.
- Attach FortiExtender to the managed device.
FortiExtender is detected.
- Authorize FortiExtender for the WAN port by overriding the profile settings for the device:
- Go to Configuration > Device.
- Double-click the device to open the profile for editing.
The General tab is displayed.
- Go to the Network tab.
An unauthorized FortiExtender has been detected.
- Click Extender.
The FortiExtender dialog box is displayed.
- Under Managed Extenders, click the Update button for the unauthorized device.
The Device Managed Extender dialog box is displayed.
- Toggle Authorized to on, and click OK.
The FortiExtender is authorized, and the Device Managed Extender dialog box is closed.
- Click OK.
The FortiExtender dialog box is closed.
- Click OK.
The profile override changes are saved.
- Install the SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA profile changes to the device with authorized FortiExtender. See Installing configuration changes.