When you add a device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA, you also define the configuration and control when to install the configuration to the device.
Before you use this method to add devices to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA, you must add the devices to FortiManager.
After you add the device, you can change the settings by editing the assigned profile or by overriding settings for each device.
- Ensure that you have created profiles for hub and edge devices. See Profile.
- Go to Configuration > Device.
- In the toolbar, click + Device.
The Device dialog box opens.
- On the General tab, configure the following settings:
Device Name Enter the name of the device. Host Name Enter the host name. Profile Name Select a profile from the dropdown, or click Create to create a new profile. First Online Action
Specify how to manage device configuration when the device comes online for the first time. Choose from:
- NONE: Select to disable automatic configuration action. Instead you can manually initiate configuration installation after adding the device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA.
- RETRIEVE_CONFIG: Select to import some of the configuration settings from the device when the device comes online for the first time. Settings such as host name, WAN port, WAN port IP, LAN/DMZ port, and static route are imported. WAN and LAN settings from the imported configuration automatically override the assigned WAN and LAN settings from the SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA profile. You should use the profile to assign additional settings.
- SYNC_CONFIG: Select to install the SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA configuration associated with the profile when the device comes online for the first time.
Serial Number Enter the device serial number. Type The model is displayed after you enter the device serial number. Region Select a region from the dropdown, or click Create Region to create a new region.
The Password option is displayed after the device serial number is added and recognized.
Specify how to handle the device password. Choose from:
- No change: Keep the original password of the newly added device.
- Manual: Specify the password of the device.
- Auto: Generate a random password for the device automatically. Click the eye icon to view the password.
- Click OK.