You can trigger a FortiSwitch cable test from FortiManager.
The FortiSwitch cable test is only available on ADOM 6.4 and later.
- Go to FortiSwitch Manager > Managed Switches.
- In the tree menu, select a FortiGate that contains the FortiSwitch on which the cable test is to be performed.
- Select the FortiSwitch and either click More > Cable Test from the toolbar, or right-click the FortiSwitch and select Cable Test.
The Cable Test pane opens.
- In the Cable Test pane, select the ports of the FortiSwitch you want to perform a cable test on, and click OK.
The Select Entries list does not contain FortiLink ports because cable test is not allowed for the FortiLink interface.
- Click Run Cable Test to run the FortiSwitch cable test on the selected ports.
Once the cable test is finished, the results are displayed.
If the cable test API is not available for your version of FortiOS (6.4 branch, but build 1704 or earlier), an error prompt is displayed asking you to update to the latest firmware.