- Go to Configuration > Shared Resources > Network > ISP Link.
- In the toolbar, click +Create New.
A dialog box is displayed.
- Configure the settings, and click OK.
Option Description Name Enter a name for the ISP link. Type
From the dropdown, select one of the following options:
- Internet: An Internet ISP link with a public IP can both initiate or respond IPsec negotiation with peer devices.
- MPLS: If a WAN port is set as MPLS link type with Private Wire on, it can only establish IPsec tunnels with other devices’ WAN ports that are also configured as MPLS.
- LTE: Usually used when local WAN port is behind NAT or without a public IP address. If a WAN port is set as LTE, it can only be IPSec initiator but not responder.
From the dropdown, select Low, Medium, or High.
- High sets cost to 3.
- Medium sets cost to 2.
- Low sets cost to 1.
For example, if the Load Policy is LOW_COST, FortiGates usually choose links with lower cost first. As a result, the interface with the lowest assigned cost of 1 is selected.
Public IP Toggle On if the IP is public.