This section describes how to add a FortiGate model device to FortiManager by using the serial number for the FortiGate. You must perform some steps using FortiManager and some steps using FortiOS.
- If ADOMs are enabled, select the ADOM to which you want to add the device.
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- Click Add Device. The Add Device wizard displays.
- Click Add Model Device and type a name for the model device.
- In the Link Device By list, select Serial Number and type the serial number for the FortiGate unit.
- Set the remaining options, and click Next. The device is created in the FortiManager database.
- Click Finish to exit the wizard.
After the device model is added to FortiManager, you can use FortiManager to configure the model device.
- In FortiOS GUI, configure the FortiManager IP address.
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors.
- Under Other Fortinet Products, double-click the FortiManager tile to open it for editing.
- In the IP address box, type the FortiManager IP address, and click OK.
FortiManager automatically links the model device to the real device, and installs configurations to the device.