Create a new shaping profile to manage traffic. After the profile is created, you can assign it to an interface.
- Ensure you are in the correct ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Object Configurations.
- Go to Firewall Objects > Shaping Profile.
- Click Create New. The Create New Shaping Profile pane opens.
- Select or specify the values for the following and click OK:
Specify the name for the shaping profile.
Default Shaping Group
Specify a default shaping group between 2-31.
Optionally enter comments about the shaping profile.
Additional Shaping Groups
Click Create New. Specify the Shaping Group, Guaranteed Bandwidth(%), Maximum Bandwidth(%) and Priority. Click OK.
- Assign the shaping profile to an interface. See Assigning a shaping profile.
After shaping profiles are defined, they can be assigned to each ADOM interface you want to do traffic shaping for egress. The shaping profile can be set as default as well as in dynamic mapping. Any changes to the shaping profile is applied to the FortiGate devices dynamically.