Before you create a profile, you should create all of the needed shared resources, so you can select them in the profile. See Shared resources.
- Go to Configuration > Profile.
- In the toolbar, click +Create New.
- Configure the profile settings.
Name Enter the profile name. Platform Select the platform that matches the device you intend to add. Hub Toggle on to designate the device as a hub.
VPN Mode with Edge
Select one of the following options to connect the hub device with edge devices:
- Select SITE_TO_SITE to create full-mesh overlay links between the hub device and its edge devices in the same region.
- Select DIAL_UP to create one-to-one overlay links between the hub device and its edge devices. When you select DIAL_UP, you can enable ADVPN on the Network tab in the WAN settings.
Max Edge Count
Available when VPN Mode with Edge is set to DIAL_UP.
Specify the maximum number of edge devices allowed to connect with the hub device.
Specify the number of ports on the FortiGate.
(Optional) Type a comment about the profile.
- Click OK.
The profile is created, and the System tab opens.
- Configure the System settings.
For a description of the options on the System, Network, and Business tabs, see Profile options described.
- Click the Network tab to configure the network settings.
- Click the Business tab to create business rules.
- Click OK.