You can add an offline FortiGate device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA by using its serial number. This is called adding a model device.
When you add a model device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA, the model device is added to FortiManager too.
- Ensure that you have created profiles for hub and edge devices. See Profile.
- Go to Configuration > Device.
- In the Device menu, select + Model Device.
The + Model Device dialog box opens.
- Configure the following settings:
Enter the serial number for the device.
Host Name Enter the host name. Profile Name Select a profile from the dropdown, or click Create to create a new profile. First Online Action
Specify how to manage device configuration when the device comes online for the first time. Choose from:
- NONE: Select to disable automatic configuration action. Instead you can manually initiate configuration installation after adding the device to SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA.
- RETRIEVE_CONFIG: Select to import some of the configuration settings from the device when the device comes online for the first time. Settings such as host name, WAN port, LAN/DMZ port, and static route are imported. WAN and LAN settings from the imported configuration automatically override the assigned WAN and LAN settings from the SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA profile. You should use the profile to assign additional settings.
- SYNC_CONFIG: Select to install the SD-WAN Orchestrator MEA configuration associated with the profile when the device comes online for the first time.
Device Name Enter a name for the device. Type Enter the device type. Region Select a region from the dropdown, or click Create Region to create a new region.
Enforce Firmware Version
(Optional) Select the required FortiOS version for the device when it comes online.
- Click OK.