FortiManager supports FortiOS generating HTTPS rating requests and AV/IPS updates on port 443 through the Bind to IP Address option.
Prerequisites of the Bind to IP Address feature:
- The FortiGate must be on the same subnet as the FortiManager interface IP.
- This feature is only for FortiGate 443 requests. Non-443 requests still use interface IP. For example, FortiGate still uses 8890 for update or TCP 8888/UDP for Web Filter query.
- Must configure with a different IP.
- Go to System Settings > Network.
- Select FortiGate Updates and specify the IP address in Bind to IP Address.
- Select Web Filtering and specify the IP address in Bind to IP Address
- Click Apply.