This section describes how to add a FortiGate model device to FortiManager by using the serial number for the FortiGate. You must perform some steps using FortiManager and some steps using FortiOS.
- If ADOMs are enabled, select the ADOM to which you want to add the device.
- Go to Device Manager > Device & Groups.
- Click Add Device. The Add Device wizard displays.
- Click Add Model Device and type a name for the model device.
- In the Link Device By list, select Serial Number and type the serial number for the FortiGate unit.
- Set the remaining options, and click Next. The device is created in the FortiManager database.
Click Finish to exit the wizard.
After the device model is added to FortiManager, you can use FortiManager to configure the model device.
- In FortiOS GUI, configure the FortiManager IP address in device central management.
- Go to System > Settings.
- In the Central Management area, type the FortiManager IP address in the IP/Domain Name box, and click Apply.
FortiManager automatically links the model device to the real device, and installs configurations to the device.