Assign a global policy package
Global policy packages can be assigned or installed to specific ADOMs.
Only ADOMs of the same version as the global database or the next higher major release are presented as options for assignment.
The central NAT setting must be consistent between the global policy package and the ADOM to which you are assigning the policy package. Because central NAT is not supported at the global level, you should disable central NAT in all ADOMs to which you are assigning a global policy package.
The inspection-mode setting must also match in the global policy package and the ADOM to which you are assigning the policy package.
To assign a global policy package:
- Ensure you are in the Global Database ADOM.
- Go to Policy & Objects > Policy Packages.
- In the tree menu for the policy package, click Assignment. The ADOM assignment list is displayed in the content pane.
- If required, select Add ADOM to add an ADOM to the assignment list.
- In the assignment list, select an ADOM, or click Select All.
- Click Assign Selected from the content toolbar. The Assign dialog box opens.
- Select whether you want to assign only used objects or all objects, and if policies will be automatically installed to ADOM devices.
- Click OK to assign the policy package to the selected ADOM or ADOMs.
In the Assignment pane you can also edit the ADOM list, delete ADOMs from the list, and assign and unassign ADOMs.