Accessing public FortiGuard web and email filter servers
You can configure the FortiManager system to allow the managed FortiGate units to access public FortiGuard web filter or email filter network servers in the event local FortiGuard web filter or email filter server URL lookups fail. You can specify private servers where the FortiGate units can send URL queries.
To access public FortiGuard web and email filter servers:
- Go to FortiGuard > Settings.
- Click the arrow beside Override FortiGuard Server (Local FortiManager).
- Click the add icon next to Additional number of private FortiGuard servers (excluding this one). Select the delete icon to remove entries.
- Type the IP Address for the server and select its Time Zone.
- Repeat step 4 as often as required. You can include up to ten additional servers.
- Select the additional options to set where the FDS updates come from, and if the managed FortiGate units can access these servers if the local FDS is not available.
- Toggle ON beside Enable Antivirus and IPS update Service for Private Server if you want the FDS updates to come from a private server.
- Toggle ON beside Enable Web Filter and Email Filter Service for Private Server if you want the updates to come from a private server.
- Toggle ON beside Allow FortiGates to Access Public FortiGuard Servers when Private Servers are Unavailable if you want the updates to come from public servers in case the private servers are unavailable.
- Click Apply.