To create the virtual machine:
- Launch the Hyper-V Manager in your Microsoft server. The Hyper-V Manager home page opens.
- Select the server in the right-tree menu. The server details page opens.
- Right-click the server and select New > Virtual Machine, or in the Actions menu, select New > Virtual Machine. The New Virtual Machine Wizard opens.
- Click Next to create a virtual machine with a custom configuration. The Specify Name and Location page opens.
- Enter a name for this VM. The name is displayed in the Hyper-V Manager.
- Click Next to continue to the Assign Memory page .
- Specify the amount of memory to allocate to this virtual machine. See Minimum system requirements to determine your required memory.
- Click Next to continue to the Configure Networking page.
You must configure network adapters in the Settings page.
Each new VM includes a network adapter. You can configure the network adapter to use a virtual switch, or it can remain disconnected. FortiManager VM requires four network adapters.
- Select Next to continue to the Connect Virtual Hard Disk page.
- Select to use an existing virtual hard disk and browse for the
fmg.vhdfile that you downloaded from the Fortinet Customer Service & Support portal.
- Select Next to continue to the Summary page.
- To create the virtual machine and close the wizard, select Finish.