Enabling the FortiManager Cloud connector on FortiGate
When you enable the FortiManager Cloud connector on FortiGate, you can enable management of the FortiGate by FortiManager Cloud.
This topic describes how to enable the FortiManager Cloud connector by using FortiGate. It also provides an example of how to use the FortiManager Cloud connector on FortiGate to support FortiGate-VM PAYG/ONDEMAND when both devices are registered to the same FortiCloud account.
The FortiGate-VM PAYG/ONDEMAND model is only supported with a FortiManager Cloud account subscription. FortiGate licenses for ondemand models are not available for purchase.
To enable the FortiManager Cloud connector in FortiGate:
- Register FortiManager Cloud with FortiCloud.
- Verify the per-device FortiManager entitlement was added to the account.
- In Asset Management, go to Products List, and find the FortiManager Cloud device.
- In the Entitlement widget, click Show Contracts.
- In the Registered Support Contract(S) pane, the SKU column will contain
- Register the FortiGate device with the same FortiCloud account.
- In the FortiGate device, use the CLI console to verify the User ID was updated by FortiGuard.
diag test update info
Support contract: pending_registration=255 got-contract info=1
accoutn_id=[user_email] company=[company_name] industry=[instustry_name]
User ID: <user_id>
- In the FortiGate device GUI, go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors. The FortiManager option is enabled.
Please allow 2-4 hours for FortiGate to enable the FortiManager Cloud option in the connector.