Upgrading firmware from the portal
FortiManager Cloud firmware can be upgraded. The FortiManager Cloud & Service portal displays a message when a new version of firmware is available.
The following types of upgrade are available:
For required firmware upgrades, you have a limited amount of time (such as two weeks) to upgrade the firmware after it is released. If you take no action after the grace period ends, you can no longer access the instance until you upgrade to the required firmware.
For optional firmware upgrades, you can choose whether to upgrade to the latest firmware.
The primary account holder can upgrade firmware from the FortiManager Cloud & Service portal.
See also Upgrading firmware from System Settings.
Before you can use FortiManager Cloud 7.2.x, you must upgrade all FortiGates to FortiOS 6.4.4 or later.
To upgrade firmware from the portal:
- Access the portal. See Accessing the portal and instances.
The FortiManager Cloud & Service portal is displayed.
- Expand your account.
- Click the upgrade icon to view information about available upgrades.
The Service Version Upgrade window opens.
- Click Upgrade Now to update the firmware immediately.
- Click Upgrade Later to schedule upgrade of the firmware for a later date.
- Close the Service Version Upgrade window, and click Enter to open FortiManager Cloud.