Updating the ADOM version
FortiManager Cloud supports one ADOM and version. With FortiManager Cloud 7.2.x, the ADOM can be any of the following versions: 6.4, 7.0 or 7.2.
You can view the ADOM version on the System Settings > Dashboard pane in the System Information widget.
Before you can upgrade an ADOM to a higher version, you must upgrade firmware for all managed FortiGates. For example, you have a 7.0 ADOM. Before you can upgrade to a 7.2 ADOM, you must upgrade FortiOS to version 7.2.x for all managed FortiGates in the ADOM.
You can only upgrade one ADOM version at a time. For example, if you are using a 6.4 ADOM and want to upgrade to a 7.2 ADOM, you must upgrade from 6.4 to 7.0, and then you can upgrade from 7.0 to 7.2.
To upgrade the ADOM:
- Access FortiManager Cloud. See Accessing the portal and instances.
- In FortiManager Cloud, ensure that all managed FortiGates are running the major FortiOS version that matches the ADOM version to which you want to upgrade.
For example, FortiManager Cloud is currently using version 7.0 ADOM, and you want to upgrade to version 7.2 ADOM. Ensure that all FortiGates are running FortiOS 7.2.x. If not, upgrade the FortiOS version for all managed FortiGates. You cannot upgrade to version 7.2 ADOM until all managed FortiGates are running FortiOS 7.2.x.
- Go to System Settings > Dashboard.
The Dashboard is displayed.
- In the System Information widget, click Configure beside Administrative Domain option.
The Edit ADOM dialog box is displayed.
- In the Type field select a version, such as 7.2.
- Click OK.
The ADOM is upgraded to the selected version.