This section explains how to deploy FortiManager Cloud. You can select a region, and then deploy the instance of FortiManager Cloud Cloud to the region.
A primary FortiCloud account is required to deploy FortiManager Cloud. A primary FortiCloud account can invite other users to launch FortiManager Cloud as sub users. See Adding a secondary account.
Only one FortiManager Cloud instance can be created per FortiCloud account.
Although FortiManager Cloud 7.2.x is available for customers to use, FortiManager Cloud 7.0 is deployed by default, and customers can choose whether to upgrade firmware to version 7.2.x.
- If not done already, go to FortiCloud (https://support.fortinet.com/), and use your FortiCloud account credentials to log in.
The FortiCloud portal is displayed.
- From the Services menu, select FortiManager Cloud.
The FortiManager Cloud & Service portal is displayed.
- On the FortiManager Cloud & Service portal, select a region for the FortiManager Cloud instance from the top-right corner.
In the examples in this section, the Canada (Vancouver) region is selected.
- Expand the primary account that includes the FortiManager Cloud entitlement, and click Provision Instance.
The User ID on FortiManager Cloud & Service portal represents the dedicated instance.
A message about the selected region is displayed.
- Click Yes to provision in the FortiManager Cloud instance in the selected region.
Click No to stop provisioning the instance, and change the region.
FortiManager Cloud instance is provisioned in a few minutes.
- Once provisioned, expand the account, and click Enter to access the FortiManager Cloud instance.
- (Optional) Upgrade FortiManager Cloud to 7.2.x. See Upgrading firmware from the portal.
- Configure FortiOS to work with FortiManager Cloud. See Configuring FortiOS.