This section explains how to deploy and manage FortiGate devices with FortiManager Cloud.
FortiManager Cloud can only manage FortiGate 6.2 models.
- In the FortiCloud portal, ensure that you have a product entitlement for FortiManager Cloud, and note your user ID number.
After creating a FortiCloud account, wait for 30 minutes before moving to step two.
- In FortiCloud, click the FortiCloud icon in the upper-right corner to access the FortiManager Cloud instance.
- On the new page, select the account which includes the FortiManager entitlement to open the menu drawer, then click Provision Instance.
The User ID on FortiManager portal represents the dedicated instance.
FortiManager Cloud instance is provisioned in a few minutes.
- Once provisioned, select HTTPS to access the web GUI.
- In FortiOS, enable FortiManager Cloud.
- Go to Security Fabric > Settings, and enable Central Management.
- Click FortiManager Cloud, and then Apply.
The FortiManager Cloud button is only available when you have a FortiManager Cloud product entitlement; the FortiManager Cloud button is not available without a FortiManager Cloud product entitlement.
- In the FortiManager Cloud instance, go to Device Manager and authorize the FortiGate.
When using FortiGate to enable FortiManager Cloud, the FortiGate device appears as an unauthorized device.
After authorizing the FortiGate, the FortiGate becomes a managed device.
When successfully authorized, the
central managementstatus displays as Registered on FortiManager.
Only the primary account holder can create secondary account holders in FortiCloud. The secondary account holder can log in to the same instance as a restricted user. The primary account holder can modify the admin profile for the secondary user.