- To verify connectivity to the TFTP server in the CLI, enter the following command:
- To download the firmware image from the TFTP server, enter the following command:
- A prompt will appear. Enter
yto confirm the firmware install and upgrade.
- Once the FortiMail unit has finished restarting, clear your web browser cache and restart the browser to ensure it reloads the web UI.
- To verify that the firmware version successfully installed, from the CLI, enter the following command:
execute ping <tftp_ipv4>
<tftp_ipv4> is the IP address of the TFTP server.
execute restore image tftp <name_str> <tftp_ipv4>
<name_str> is the file name of the firmware image.
The FortiMail unit installs the firmware and restarts. This may take several minutes depending on the size of the file and the speed of your network connection.
If you are downgrading the firmware to a previous version, the FortiMail unit reverts the configuration to default values for that version of the firmware. You must either reconfigure the FortiMail unit or restore a backup configuration file.
get system status
Installing firmware replaces the current FortiGuard AntiVirus definitions with those included with the newly installed firmware release. In addition to verifying the firmware, make sure that the Virus DB entry is updated too.