Before you can scan email in Microsoft 365 mailboxes, you must connect to Microsoft 365. Note that the Microsoft 365 Global admin role is required to configure Microsoft 365 on FortiMail. There may be different administrators with different admin roles in your Microsoft 365 admin center. It is recommended that you use the Global Admin role to connect to Microsoft 365.
To access this part of the web UI, your administrator account’s:
- Domain must be System
- access profile must have Read or Read-Write permission to the Microsoft 365 category
For details, see About administrator account permissions and domains.
- Go to View > Microsoft 365 View.
- Go to System > Account > Account.
- Click New.
- Enter the Tenant ID, Application ID, Application Secret, and Description log on to Microsoft 365. You get the logon credentials when you create the custom application on Microsoft Azure. For details, see the Azure documentation.
- If successful, the account will appear in the account list and FortiMail is connected to Microsoft 365.
- Click the View User List button to view the following email user information under the selected MS365 account.
Status: Displays whether the user is subscribed or not.
Email: User names of the email users on the MS365 account.
Expiry Date: Subscription expiry date and time to notifications of the user's real-time email.
Status: Subscription information to notifications of the user's real-time email, either subscribed or other non-subscribed reasons.