Retrieving your Microsoft 365 account information
Adding your Microsoft 365 account in FortiMail requires that you provide your Tenant ID, Application ID, and Application Secret. At the time of writing, these are located in various areas on the Microsoft 365 portal.
Note that for the purpose of this recipe, the default domain attached to your Microsoft 365 account is used. This domain is set up to have DNS records managed by Microsoft 365, and is already configured to be used with Microsoft 365 services.
To locate the Tenant ID and Application ID:
Note that after acquiring the Tenant ID and Application ID, you must also grant consent permissions for the admin.
- Log in to Microsoft 365.
- From the landing page, click Admin.
- From the left-hand menu, click Show all > Admin centers > Azure Active Directory.
- Under Favorites, click Azure Active Directory.
- Under Manage, click App registrations.
- Copy the values of both IDs and paste them to a text-editor for the time being.
- From the application, under Manage, click API permissions.
- Click Add a permission > Microsoft Graph > Application permissions.
- Add the following permissions:
Note that User.Read is added by default.
- Click Grant admin consent for admin.
The Overview of your application automatically appears on the screen, displaying your Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID. These are required later and serve as the Application ID and Tenant ID (respectively) when adding the account in FortiMail.
To locate the Application Secret:
- From the Azure Active Directory, under Manage, click Certificates & secrets.
- Under Client secrets, click New client secret.
- Enter an optional Description, select the appropriate expiration option, and click Add.
- Copy the value of the secret and paste it to the text-editor already holding the tenant and application ID.
Your new client secret is created. Note the warning stating that you must immediately copy this password, as it will not be retrievable after you perform another action or navigate away from this page.
You now have all the information required to add your Microsoft 365 account in FortiMail.