Monitoring and downloading log messages
Once you have configured your log settings, you can view the generated reports from the log data.
- Go to Monitor > Log, and click the corresponding tab according to which type of log you want to view: System Event, Mail Event, AntiVirus, AntiSpam, or Encryption.
- Double-click an entry to view its log details.
- To download a backup of a log report, click List from any of the log monitor tabs.
- Select a log report and click Download. Reports can be downloaded in the following formats:
- Normal Format: A log file that can be viewed with a plain text editor such as Microsoft Notepad.
- CSV Format: A comma-separated value (.csv) file that can be viewed in a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel.
- Compressed Format: A log file like the Normal Format but compressed as a .gz archive.
All the log entries are compiled into log reports, each with a Start Time and End Time in accordance to your log settings defined earlier.