HA group firmware upgrade
Once the configuration files for each HA cluster member have been backed up, the firmware upgrade can begin.
When installing or upgrading firmware to an HA group, you must install firmware on the secondary unit/units before installing firmware on the primary unit.
- On the secondary unit, go to Dashboard > Status.
- In the System Information widget, under Firmware version, click Update.
- Click OK. The unit then reboots.
- Login to the FortiMail unit, and confirm that the secondary unit has successfully updated its firmware.
- On the primary unit, go to Monitor > Log > System Event and confirm the reboot event of the secondary unit (172.20.142.228).
- On the primary unit, upgrade the firmware the same way as the secondary unit.
A prompt appears showing that the firmware file is being uploaded.
Once uploaded, a prompt appears asking if you are sure you want to update.
After the reboot has completed, you may need to refresh the page.
You are then redirected to the login page.
All units have been upgraded to the same firmware version.
HA cluster central monitoring
With a valid MSSP license from FortiGuard, you may verify the HA cluster status and log activity under Centralized Monitor > Overview > Overview Status.
For more information about the centralize monitoring feature, see the Centrally monitoring the HA cluster section of the FortiMail Administration Guide.