Connect to the FortiMail unit using terminal software
- Start the terminal software, for example PuTTY.
- Open the serial connection settings and enter the following:
- COM port/serial line: The appropriate COM port
- Speed (baud): 9600
- Data bits: 8
- Stop bits: 1
- Parity: None
- Flow control: No hardware flow control
- Click Open.
- The FortiMail unit should then respond with its name or hostname (if it does not try pressing “Enter”).
- Reboot the FortiMail unit. If there is no power button, disconnect the power adapter and reconnect it after 10 seconds.
Plugging in the power too soon after unplugging it can cause corruption in the memory in some units.