The Profile menu lets you configure many types of profiles. These are a collection of settings for antispam, antivirus, authentication, or other features.
After creating and configuring a profile, you can apply it either directly in a policy, or indirectly by inclusion in another profile that is selected in a policy. Policies apply each selected profile to all email messages and SMTP connections that the policy governs.
Creating multiple profiles for each type of policy lets you customize your email service by applying different profiles to policies that govern different SMTP connections or email users. For instance, if you are an Internet service provider (ISP), you might want to create and apply antivirus profiles only to policies governing email users who pay you to provide antivirus protection.
This section includes:
- Configuring session profiles
- Configuring antispam profiles and antispam action profiles
- Configuring antivirus profiles and antivirus action profiles
- Configuring content profiles and content action profiles
- Configuring resource profiles
- Configuring authentication profiles
- Configuring VIP mappings
- Configuring LDAP profiles
- Configuring dictionary profiles
- Configuring security profiles
- Configuring IP pools
- Configuring email and IP groups
- Configuring notification profiles