Before you can scan email in Microsoft 365 mailboxes, you must connect to Microsoft 365. Note that the Microsoft 365 Global admin role is required to configure Microsoft 365 on FortiMail. There may be different administrators with different admin roles in your Microsoft 365 admin center. It is recommended that you use the Global Admin role to connect to Microsoft 365.
To access this part of the web UI, your administrator account’s:
- Domain must be System
- access profile must have Read or Read-Write permission to the Microsoft 365 category
For details, see About administrator account permissions and domains.
- Go to View > Microsoft 365 View.
- Go to System > Account > Account.
- Click Connect.
- Enter the Microsoft 365 Global admin's logon credentials to log on to Microsoft 365.
- If successful, the account will appear in the account list and FortiMail is connected to Microsoft 365.