Security Fabric settings and usage
This section contains information about the Fortinet Security Fabric settings and usage:
- Configuring the root FortiGate and downstream FortiGates
- Configuring FortiAnalyzer
- Configuring other Security Fabric devices
- Using the Security Fabric
- Deploying the Security Fabric
- Security Fabric over IPsec VPN
- Leveraging LLDP to simplify Security Fabric negotiation
To set up the Security Fabric, the devices that you want to include must meet the Product Integration and Support requirements in the FortiOS Release Notes.
Some features of the Security Fabric are only available in certain firmware versions and models. Not all FortiGate models can run the FortiGuard Security Rating Service if they are the root FortiGate in a Security Fabric. For more information, see the Special Notices in the FortiOS Release Notes.
- If devices are not already installed in your network, complete basic installation and configuration tasks by following the instructions in the device documentation.
- FortiGate devices must either have VDOMs disabled or be running in split-task VDOM mode in order to be added to the Security Fabric. See Virtual Domains.
- FortiGate devices must be operating in NAT mode.