This cloud-based SaaS management service is available through FortiManager. This service is also included in the 360 Protection Bundle.
Once the FortiGate has acquired a contract named FortiManager Cloud, FortiCloud creates a cloud-based FortiManager instance under the user account. You can launch the portal for the cloud-based FortiManager from FortiCloud, and its URL starts with the User ID.
You can use a FortiGate with a contract for FortiManager Cloud to configure central management by using the FQDN of fortimanager.forticloud.com. A FortiGate-FortiManager tunnel is established between FortiGate and the FortiManager instance.
After the tunnel is established, you can execute FortiManager functions from the cloud-based FortiManager portal.
- In the FortiCare portal, ensure you have a product entitlement for FortiManager Cloud.
- Go to Asset > Information > Entitlement.
- Take note of your user ID number in the top-right corner.
- Click the FortiCloud icon in the upper-right corner.
- Under CLOUD MANAGEMENT, select FortiManager.
The FortiManager portal opens. The URL incorporates the user ID for the dedicated instance.
- In FortiOS, enable FortiManager Cloud.
- Go to Security Fabric > Settings.
- Enable Central Management.
- Click FortiManager Cloud.
- Click Apply.
The FortiManager Cloud button can only be selected if you have a FortiManager Cloud product entitlement.
- In the FortiManager Cloud instance, go to Device Manager and authorize the FortiGate. See Authorizing devices for more information.
When using FortiGate to enable FortiManager Cloud, the FortiGate appears as an unauthorized device.
After authorizing the FortiGate, it becomes a managed device.
In FortiOS, the Central Management Status now displays as Registered on FortiManager.