The FortiGate, and then its service contract, must be registered to have full access to Fortinet Customer Service and Support, and FortiGuard services. The FortiGate can be registered in either the FortiGate GUI or the FortiCloud support portal. The service contract can be registered from the FortiCloud support portal.
The service contract number is needed to complete registrations on the FortiCloud support portal. You can find this 12-digit number in the email that contains your service registration document (sent from email@example.com) in the service entitlement summary.
Connect to the FortiGate GUI. A dialog box appears, which indicates the steps you should take to complete the setup of your FortiGate. These steps include:
Change Your Password
If you completed the Basic configuration, the hostname and password steps are already marked as complete (checkmark). If you chose to deploy the latest firmware, the Upgrade Firmware step is marked as complete.
- Click Begin to complete the dashboard setup. Two options appear (Optimal and Comprehensive).
- Select the desired setting and click OK. The Dashboard > Status page opens. Note that the licenses are grayed out because the device or virtual machine is not registered.
- Go to System > FortiGuard and click Enter Registration Code.
- Enter the contract registration code from your service registration document.
- Click OK.
- Go to support.fortinet.com and log in using your FortiCloud account credentials. If you do not have an account, click Register to create one.
- In the left-side menu, click Register Product.
- Enter the product serial number or license certificate number for a VM, select an end user type, then click Next.
Enter the Support Contract number and FortiCloud Key (optionally, enter a product description), then click Next.
Review the product entitlement information, select the checkbox to accept the terms, then click Confirm.
Go to Products > Product List. The FortiGate is now visible in the product list.