Attach a FortiAnalyzer to FortiGate to increase the functionality of FortiView. Adding a FortiAnalyzer is useful when adding widgets such as the Compromised Hosts widget. It also allows historical view for up to seven days.
- A FortiGate or FortiOS
- A compatible FortiAnalyzer (see Compatibility with FortiOS)
- On the FortiGate, go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors, and double-click the FortiAnalyzer Logging card.
- Enter the IP address of the FortiAnalyzer device.
- Click Test Connectivity. A message will be shown stating that the FortiGate is not authorized on the FortiAnalyzer.
- On the FortiAnalyzer, go to Device Manager, and click the Unauthorized tab.
- In the device list, right-click the FortiGate, then click Authorize.
- On FortiGate, go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors, and double-click the FortiAnalyzer Logging card.
- Click Test Connectivity to confirm that the device is now authorized.
- Go to Dashboard > FortiView Sources.
- Select a time range other than now from the drop-down list to view historical data.
- In top menu, click the dropdown, and select Settings. The Edit Dashboard Widget dialog is displayed.
- In the Data Source area, click Specify.
- From the dropdown, select FortiAnalyzer, and click OK.
All the historical information now comes from the FortiAnalyzer.
When Data Source is set to Best Available Device, FortiAnalyzer is selected when available, then FortiGate Cloud, and then FortiGate Disk.