You can use FortiGuard web categories to populate the category fields in various FortiView monitors such as FortiView Web Categories, FortiView Websites or FortiView Sources. To view the categories in a monitor, the web filter profile must be configured to at least monitor for a FortiGuard category based on a web filter and applied to a firewall policy for outbound traffic.
- Go to Security Profiles > Web Filter.
- Double-click a web filter that is applied to an outbound traffic firewall policy. The Edit Web Filter Profile window opens.
- Ensure FortiGuard category based filter is enabled.
In the image below, the General Interest - Business categories are monitor-only.
- Click Add Monitor. The Add Monitor window opens.
- In the Search field, type FortiView Web Categories and click the Add button next to the monitor name.
- In the FortiGate area, select the FortiGate(s) from the dropdown.
- In the Data Source area, click Best Available Device or Specify to select a device in the security fabric.
- From the Time Period dropdown, select a time period greater than Now.
- From the Sort By dropdown, select Bytes, Sessions, Bandwidth, or Packets.
- Click Add Monitor. The widget is added to the tree menu.
The web filter category name appears in the Category column of the dashboard.
Click an entry in the table. The category name appears at the top of the Summary of box.
Click the Web Sites tab. The category name appears in the Category column.
Click the Sessions tab. The category name appears in the Category Description column.
The category name also appears in the Category column in the FortiView Websites and FortiView Sources monitors.