The Integrate Interface option on the Network > Interfaces page helps migrate a physical port into another interface or interface type such as aggregate, software switch, redundant, zone, or SD-WAN zone. The FortiGate will migrate object references either by replacing the existing instance with the new interface, or deleting the existing instance based on the user's choice. Users can also change the VLAN ID of existing VLAN sub-interface or FortiSwitch VLANs.
This feature does not support turning an aggregate, software switch, redundant, zone, or SD-WAN zone interface back into a physical interface.
In this example, a DHCP server interface is integrated into a newly created redundant interface, which transfers the DHCP server to a redundant interface.
- Go to Network > Interfaces and select an interface in the list.
- Click Integrate Interface. The wizard opens.
Alternatively, select an interface in the list. Then right-click and select Integrate Interface.
- Select Migrate to Interface and click Next.
- Select Create an Interface. Enter a name (rd1) and set the Type to Redundant.
- Click Next. The References sections lists the associated services with options to Replace Instance or Delete Entry.
- For the DHCP server Action, select Replace Instance and click Create.
- The migration occurs automatically and the statuses for the object and reference change to Updated entry. Click Close.
In this example, the VLAN ID of InternalVLAN is changed from 11 to 22.
- Go to Network > Interfaces and edit an existing interface.
- Beside the VLAN ID field, click Edit. The Update VLAN ID window opens.
- Enter the new ID (22) and click Next.
- Verify the changes, then click Update and OK.
- The target object status changes to Updated entry. Click Close.
In the interface settings, the ID displays as 22.