FortiMonitor can be added to the Security Fabric. When a FortiMonitor joins the Security Fabric and is authorized, it appears in the Fabric topology pages.
To add FortiMonitor to the Security Fabric:
- Enable the Security Fabric (see Configuring the root FortiGate and downstream FortiGates in the FortiOS Administration Guide) with the following settings:
- Configure the interface to allow other Security Fabric devices to join.
- Enable Allow downstream device REST API access and select an Administrator profile.
- In FortiMonitor, start configuring the device to join the Security Fabric (see Enable Security Fabric monitoring for detailed instructions):
- Complete the Discovery Details page.
- Authorize the FortiMonitor in FortiOS:
- Go to Security Fabric > Fabric Connectors.
- In the topology tree, click the highlighted FortiMonitor and select Authorize.
The authorized device appears in the topology tree. Hover over the device name to view the tooltip.
- Go to Security Fabric > Physical Topology or Security Fabric > Logical Topology to view more information.
Physical topology view:
Logical topology view:
In FortiMonitor, complete the device configuration (see Enable Security Fabric monitoring for detailed instructions).